A great side dish and a healthy alternative to fried rice you can make with left over quinoa.
- 2 tablespoons coconut, olive, or sesame oil
- 3-4 green onions, slice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 scrambled eggs
- 1 teaspoon sriracha chili sauce, or 1/4 teaspoon cayene, depending on desired spice
- 2-4 cups of loosely packed spinach
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a wok or sauté pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger and sauté another 3 – 4 minutes. Scramble eggs.
- Add mushrooms, carrots, spinach and red pepper. Sauté 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add peas. Sauté 1 minute.
- Add in cooked quinoa, sauté for 3 – 5 minutes or until quinoa is hot.
- Add in sriracha and soy sauce. Sauté 2 minutes.
- Drizzle sesame oil and sesame seeds on top for serving.
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness