Craving chocolate? Then you’ve got to try this recipe! These brownies have only 140 calories each and are packed with healthy gooey goodness inside!
These are the easiest brownies ever, and what’s fabulous about these is they are egg, nut, dairy, soy and gluten free. The black beans are undetectable, and if you want them to be a little more sweet and decadent, just add some mini chocolate chips. I love that they are loaded with fiber, omega-3s and tons of other good-for-you ingredients. Soooo good!
Allergy-Free Black Brownie Bites
- 1 19 oz. can black beans, well rinsed and drained
- 2 large flax eggs (2 heaping Tbsp flaxseed meal + 6 Tbsp (90 ml) water)
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar or other sweetener (honey, stevia crystals)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Optional toppings: crushed walnuts, pecans or mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 12-slot standard size muffin pan (not mini).
- Rinse and thoroughly drain black beans.
- Prepare flax egg by combining flax and water in the bowl of the food processor. Pulse a couple times and then let sit for a few minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients (besides walnuts or other toppings) and puree - about 3 minutes - scraping down sides as needed until it is smooth.
- If the batter appears too thick, add a Tbsp or two of water and pulse again. It should be slightly less thick than chocolate frosting but nowhere close to runny.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the muffin tin and smooth the tops with a spoon or your finger.
- Optional: Sprinkle with crushed walnuts or chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tops are dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes before removing from pan. They will be tender, so remove gently with a fork. The insides are meant to be quite fudgy, so don't be concerned if they seem too moist.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a few days. Refrigerate to keep longer.
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness
Carbohydrates: 22 grams
Fiber: 7 grams