This favorite muffin recipe of mine is made from healthy whole ingredients, has ZERO added sugar, and it’s loaded with fiber and nutrition. It’s sweetened with bananas and is very high in fiber.
These muffins make a perfect on-the-go breakfast or snack. Pair one with a salad, a piece of cheese, or a handful of nuts, and you have a simple lunch!
For a printable recipe with the nutritional stats click HERE.
- 1 1/2 cups bran or oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup applesauce or melted coconut oil
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- 1 cup chopped dates
- grated rind of 1 orange
- Mix the dry ingredients together in one bowl.
- Mash bananas, add applesauce (or oil), yogurt, chopped dates and orange rind.
- Combine the wet ingredient into dry and stir just to combine.
- Spray a muffin tin with non stick spray or use parchent cups and divide batter evenly into 12 cups.
- Bake 20-25 minutes at 350.
- Let cool in pan 5 minutes before removing.
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness