Yes there are ways to use up that never ending summer supply of zucchinis! I like to freeze 2 cup portions of grated zucchini so that making muffins is super easy all winter long. The added zucchini helps make the muffins super moist. This recipe is courtesy of my mother Carol!
Best Ever Zucchini Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups bran
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/2 cup blueberries, raisins or walnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350'.
- Mix the lemon juice with the almond milk and let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine the yogurt, applesauce, eggs, honey, zucchini and almond milk in food processor until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine the bran, flour, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet, just to mix.
- Gently fold in the blueberries, nuts or raisins.
- Line baking tins with parchment papers or spray with non stick cooking oil.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool in pan 5 minutes.
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness
Calories per muffin– 167 (based on 1/2 cup blueberries_
Protein– 7 grams
Carbohydrates– 31 grams
Fat– 2 grams
Fiber– 6.5 grams
You are welcome, I am happy to hear you like them 🙂
Comments are closed.