Here is a super quick and easy high protein, low carb breakfast option that can be served warm or taken on the go. Add any vegetable or cheese you like and customize it to make it yours!
I love that this recipe works with macro counting, and is balanced in healthy fats, protein and carbs and gluten for those of you with sensitivities. It’s also a delicious alternative to making omelets, or eggs another way, and you get to enjoy 3 muffins per serving. Enjoy!
Breakfast Quinoa Muffin
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 cup light feta cheese crumbled
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Line muffin tray with parchment paper liners.
- Mix all ingredients in one bowl and divide into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until slightly browned on top.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve.
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness
Nutrition stats per muffin
Protein- 6 grams
Carbs- 8 grams
Fat- 3.5 grams