Sometimes we need just a little comfort food! This simple soup served with some warm bread does just that.
Carrot Cardamom Soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 large leeks, white and light green ends only, cleaned, trimmed, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cups of sliced carrots, peeled and cut into ½-inch chunks
- ¼ cup diced apple
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the leeks, along with a generous pinch of salt, and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Toss in the carrot, apple, ginger, and cardamom, and stir.
- Pour in the broth and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Turn down the heat to low.
- Cover and simmer until the carrots are easily pierced with a fork, about 30 minutes.
- Mix in coconut milk.
- Transfer the soup in batches to a blender and process until smooth. Alternatively, purée the soup directly in the pot with an immersion blender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness