Fresh, tangy, healthy and filling – what more could you want from a salad?
This berry chicken salad is perfect for a nutritious lunch or hearty dinner.
Heading to a cookout or potluck? Take a bowl of this berry chicken chopped salad for a dish that’s sure to leave your friends and family’s taste buds tingling.
- 3 cups salad greens
- ½ cup grape tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped salad veggies, your choice: peppers, carrots, onions, etc.
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 oz grilled or roasted chicken, chopped
- ¼ to ½ avocado, sliced
- 1 cup berries: sliced strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, pomegranate seeds, whatever you like
- 2 tbsp pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- (optional: 2 tbsp crumbled goat cheese)
- Wash salad greens and place in big salad bowl. Add in the grape tomatoes, salad veggies and chicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil and vinegar and add in the salt and pepper to taste. Whisk again as you pour over the salad greens. Toss together to mix.
- Add the chicken, avocado, berries, pumpkin/sunflower seeds and optional goat cheese and toss again.
- Serve and enjoy!
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness