I’ve got a recipe for that’s perfect for days you want a little boost of energy to tackle a project or a workout – or you just want a healthy snack that tastes like an indulgent treat! This one doesn’t disappoint!
It features coffee … chocolate … and PEANUT BUTTER! (Plus it also contains plenty of fiber, healthy fats, potassium, and antioxidants.)
It’s a smoothie that’s actually good for you. Note: because it contains caffeine, you’ll want to have this earlier in the day vs. later.
If you are ever tempted by the blended concoctions at coffeehouses (which are loaded with empty calories that make your blood sugar spike and then crash) this is a must-try.
I’ve experimented with making this two different ways – one is faster – and have had taste-testers try them both, and we’re mixed when it comes to the winner.
So, I leave it to you whether you pre-soak the chia seeds. I like presoaking best because not only does it give you a thicker smoothie, you’re less apt to get chia seeds caught in your teeth 😉
- 8 ounces of cooled coffee
- 1 small banana, sliced
- ½ cup almond (or any nut) milk
- ½ tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1-2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Optional: to make this smoothie thicker, soak the chia seeds in the almond milk for at least 20-30 minutes (and up to overnight) before blending.
- Place all the ingredients except the ice cubes in a blender, and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust amount of honey or cacao powder to suit your taste.
- Pour into a tall glass, over optional ice and enjoy!