Right now my garden has a zillion zucchinis and I’ve got a bit of a hankering for chocolate, so I decided to come up with a recipe that would use both!
These are dairy gluten free so they won’t add to inflammation and achy joints, plus they are balanced in macros too!
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- 1 cup almond flour (grind almonds)
- 1 cup oat flour (grind oats)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Grind almonds and oats into flour.
- Combine with cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix grated zucchini, eggs, melted coconut oil and honey.
- Spray a muffin tin with non stick spray and spread batter between 12 cups.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until center comes out clean.
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness
Nutrition Stats: Based on 12 muffins with chocolate chips
Protein: 5.2 grams
Carbs: 17.8 grams
Fat: 8.2 grams
Fiber: 2.3 grams