Spring is here and with that up pops the asparagus. Super simple and quick to make, this soup packs the nutrition too.
Made with fresh veggies and blended with chicken broth and cashews for a creamy texture and healthy fats gives it thumbs up. Blending nuts into soup is one of my favorite ways to add a bit of creaminess without dairy. If you’re looking to spice this up a bit, try adding some red pepper flakes or minced ginger. And if you’d like a little zing, try squeezing some fresh lemon into your soup.
Creamy Asparagus Broccoli Soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 4 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup raw cashews
- Fresh pepper to taste
- Add coconut oil to a medium pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, asparagus, and broccoli.
- Saute for about 5 minutes, until garlic and onions are fragrant.
- Cover with chicken broth and simmer for 5 - 10 minutes, until vegetables are soft.
- Transfer ingredients from the pot to a blender (or use an immersion blender) along with salt and cashews. Blend until smooth.
- Serve warm with lemon wedges and fresh pepper.
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness