One of my favorite salads to make when I have fresh basil from the garden. Great potluck dish or served on its own for lunch.
Creamy Avocado Pesto Pasta
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 15 almonds
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- Dash of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 -1 cup of fresh basil (optional)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 2 -4 cups cooked brown rice pasta depending if you want this as a side dish or full meal
- Add the flesh of the avocado, spinach, basil, almonds, garlic, lime juice, sea salt, and chili flakes (if using) to a food processor.
- Process for 2-3 minutes, stopping to scrape down sides as needed, or until smooth and creamy.
- If it’s too thick add more water, one tablespoon at a time.
- Take a taste and adjust seasoning. Add olive oil and set aside.
- Transfer cooked and rinsed pasta to a large serving bowl, add pesto and halved cherry tomatoes and mix well. Top with grated parmesan.
- Serve immediately!
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness