These tasty muffins are dairy free and make a healthy snack to go or pack well for lunches.
Nutritionally speaking these muffins rate pretty good. They contain coconut oil which is rich in healthy medium-chain fatty acids (also referred to as medium-chain triglycerides), they are high in Vitamin B 6, and contain blueberries which contain powerful antioxidants.
Easy Banana Blueberry Muffins
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mashed overripe bananas (that’s about 2 medium bananas)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Spray a regular sized muffin tray with cooking spray.
- Combine the wet ingredients in the food processor until well mixed, about 30 seconds.
- Add the sea salt and baking soda and process another 10 seconds to make sure they are both incorporated well.
- Add the flour and process another 30-45 seconds until well mixed.
- Gently fold in the blueberries and stir in the poppy seeds.
- Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until the tops are lightly golden brown and the muffins are cooked through.
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness
Calories per muffin (based on 12): 194
Protein: 4.5 grams
Fat: 7.2 grams
Carbohydrates: 28.8 grams
These sound lovely. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
You are welcome Simon!
Comments are closed.