I don’t know about you but I’m a bit of a chocolate lover. These super quick and easy brownie bites give all the goodness of a regular brownie but without the added sugar, butter or white flour.
Allergies? No worries, they are gluten, dairy and nut free. And for those of you not keen on the avocado or black bean brownie recipes- this one’s a must try!
- 1 cup oats (1/2 cup ground, 1/2 cup whole)
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup almond butter or natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1/4 honey
- *optional 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips or cocoa nibs
- First, grind 1/2 cup of oats into oat flour. Add 1/2 cup whole oats, cocoa powder, coconut flour, and 1 tsp baking powder and mix well, set aside.
- Combine egg, vanilla, almond butter, honey, and melted coconut oil.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir to combine.
- Add cocoa nibs or chocolate chips if desired.
- Roll into 12 balls and bake on a tray lined with parchment paper for approximately 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
Recipe makes 12 brownie bites
Calories per brownie: 160
Protein: 5 grams
Fats: 9 grams
Carbohydrates: 18 grams
Fiber: 2.5 grams
*recipe adapted from Risa Pallister- Arise.Lifestyle
Ps. If you are someone who struggles with losing weight, and need support getting back into shape, check out my 6 Week Shape Up Challenge. It’s limited to a small number of people so I can give everyone the personal coaching they need.
The program is designed to help you lose the bloat, ease your achy, tired joints and teach how how to eat for long term lasting weight loss.
I’ll be taking people’s names on a wait list for the next round, so be sure to let me know if you’d like to be on the list!