Did you know that protein & veggies are two of the most important things you can add to your breakfast? Here’s an easy omelet recipe to try.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 or 2 eggs (how hungry are you?)
- ¼ cup veggies (grated zucchini and/or sliced mushrooms and/or diced peppers)
- dash salt, pepper and/or turmeric
- Add coconut oil to a frying pan and melt on low-medium heat (cast-iron pans are preferred).
- In the meantime grab a bowl and beat the egg(s) with your vegetables of choice and the spices.
- Tilt pan to ensure the bottom is covered with the melted oil. Pour egg mixture into pan and lightly fry the eggs without stirring.
- When the bottom is lightly done flip over in one side and cook until white is no longer runny.
- Serve & Enjoy!
- Tip: Substitute grated, sliced, or diced portion of your favourite vegetable. Try grated carrots, chopped broccoli or diced tomato.
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness