This cake is moist, chocolatey and perfect when you need to serve dairy and gluten free. Plus it is super quick and easy to make too!
Gluten & Dairy Free Chocolate Quinoa Cake
- 2/3 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- (or use 3/4 cup of oil of your choice)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Bring the quinoa and water to boil in medium saucepan. Cover, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Turn off heat, and leave saucepan on the burner for another 10 minutes. Fluff with fork and allow quinoa to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray two 8 x 8 pans or line with parchment paper. I like to use a bunting pan.
- Combine milk, eggs, and vanilla in a food processor.
- Add 2 cups of cooked quinoa and the apple sauce and oil mixture. Continue to blend until smooth.
- Whisk together the sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl. Add contents to the food processor and mix well.
- Pour batter into the pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- Serve with fresh raspberries or a doll up or raspberry jam.
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness