So I’ve played around with a ton of different recipe ideas trying to get the “perfect” banana chocolate chip muffin- without added sugar, gluten or dairy. I think I’ve finally done it 🙂
These muffins are moist, filling, and hit the spot if you are craving carbs. The bananas give them natural sweetness and the oat flour adds fiber and protein. These make a great alternative to store bought bars. Don’t like chocolate? Try adding blueberries or a handful of nuts. Nothing but goodness here!
Gluten Dairy Free- My Best Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3 cups of oats (grind first into flour)
- 2 scoops protein powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- .5 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 large bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- First grind oats into a powder. Add all other dry ingredients and set aside.
- Mash bananas, add eggs, vanilla, applesauce and melted coconut oil.
- Blend into dry ingredients until just mixed.
- Spray a muffin tin or use parchment paper liners.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until brown on top and cooked through.
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness
Nutritional Info: based on 12 muffins
*with 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips and 1/4 cup cacao nibs and 2 scoops Kaizen Whey Protein Powder
Calories per muffin: 246
Protein: 9 grams
Carbs: 26 grams
Fat: 12 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Sugars: 10 grams