Finding healthy snacks that are satisfying and taste good is super important to me! I’ll take savory snacks over sweets any day, and this is why I love this Green Pea Guacamole recipe so much. Paired with some organic baked corn chips or rice crackers, you won’t feel deprived at all!
Avocados are rich in monounsaturated fats, a type of fat that is healthy and necessary. When you are eating the right amount of healthy fats, it helps to boost good cholesterol levels and keep your bad cholesterol levels within the normal range. This reduces your risk of heart disease and stroke.
Green Peas are loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory nutrients. Plus,1 cup has just 115 calories, 7 grams of protein, and almost 8 grams of fiber so they really boost the nutrition of this simple snack.
- • 2 large garlic cloves
- • 1 large ripe avocado
- • 1 cup frozen green peas, defrosted 5 minutes in a bowl of room temperature water
- • 1/4 cup red onion (about a quarter of a red onion), rough chopped
- • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves (about a small handful)
- • Juice of one lime (about 2-3 tablespoons)
- • 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Option: add a pinch of cayenne for some kick!
- Start by placing the peeled garlic cloves into the food processor and process it alone until very finely chopped.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse 4-5 times to mix, then continue to process 10-15 seconds until the desired texture is achieved.
*this recipe was adapted from fellow health coach Elizabeth Rider’s collection