I love slow cooker meals, get it done early and it’s done! For those of you who don’t have lamb, I think beef would be almost as tasty!
- 3 tablespoons Arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt divided
- 3/4 teaspoon Ground black pepper divided
- 1 pound Lamb or beef stew meat grass fed, if possible
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cups Low sodium broth chicken, beef, or lamb
- 1 Onion diced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 large Sweet potato somewhat finely cubed
- 2 large Carrots chopped
- 5 Cremini Mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 head Green Cabbage diced
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Sage
- In a large bowl, mix the arrowroot, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper together.
- Add the stew meat and toss to coat meat in the arrowroot powder.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the stew meat and brown for 3 to 4 minutes, turning to ensure even browning on all sides.
- Transfer the meat to a plate and set aside. With the heat still on, add the broth to the skillet and scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen up any brown bits.
- Prepare a slow cooker. Add the broth from the skillet, onions, garlic, potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, cabbage and all herbs.
- Season with remaining salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or until meat is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Check for seasoning when stew is finished, and season to taste with more salt and pepper, if desired. Store all leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Nutritional analysis per serving (about 2 cups): calories 340, fat 10g, saturated fat 3g, cholesterol 80mg, fiber 7g, protein 28g, carbohydrate 33g, sodium 650mg
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness