So who is feeling sexy these days? It’s winter, it’s grey outside, and I find myself living in sweat pants and a hoodie to stay warm. Time for a little check in everyone because being healthy is the NEW SEXY!
My pj’s are thick flannels, gone are spaghetti straps of summer. Paint my toe nails? Why bother when my feet are stuck in slippers and snow boots. Ok, I admit I feel myself slipping into hibernation and fueling myself with comfort foods instead of salads.
Are you taking time for self care? Are you eating 3 meals a day, exercising and getting the right amount of sleep? Are you waking up feeling motivated and excited for the day? Are you mindful? Being healthy is about feeding your body, mind and spirit! Are you feeding yours? The benefits of being healthy will naturally bring on your sexy feel if it has slipped aside-your skin will glow, your hair will shine and the increased confidence and energy you get from exercise will make you feel good in your own skin!
When we are feeling our best and happy from our heart center, everything falls into place. When we feel this way, we think about and are mindful of what we put in our mouths. We crave healthy, whole foods, take care of our bodies and exercise is no longer a chore. Result- we feel sexy! When you focus on YOU and take care of your health, THAT is when your body, mind and spirit become healthy from the inside out. From there, everything in your life falls into place- possibilities for work, relationships, life and love.
Here’s how to feel your sexy groove again!
1. First get honest with yourself and ask where you are with your health today, and where you want to go. If your so called “habits” are not something you would like to share with others and wouldn’t be caught doing in public then these need to go!
2. Partner up! Get active together and make exercise something you and your partner can share as a hobby. Single? Grab a friend and become accountable with each other to get moving on a regular basis. This doesn’t have to be an hour of hard core running either. A 30 minute walk is a great place to start.
3. Create a healthy ritual that you can do to de-stress and re-charge daily. Whether it is soaking in the tub, meditating for 10 minutes or sipping on a cup of tea with a good book, taking some time to nurture YOU is of utmost importance.
4. Set your sleep up for success. How about some clean sheets, silky pj’s, fresh air, hot water bottle and no screens in the bedroom. Doing these simple things will help you wake up feeling rested, motivated and ready to take on the day. Oh, and don’t forget to make the bed!
5. Take a high quality multi-vitamin and fish oil supplement everyday. WHY? Because these feed our cells the micronutrients they need (that may not be sufficient from our diet) to maintain every organ- our heart, muscles, hair, skin, and digestive system and allow them to do their job the way it is meant to be done.
6. Create a vision board. When you create a vision board and place it in a space where you see it often, you essentially end up doing short visualization exercises throughout the day. Visualization is one of the most powerful mind exercises you can do. HOW TO MAKE A VISION BOARD THAT WORKS.
7. Start your day off with a low glycemic breakfast, balanced with healthy carbs, protein and fats. Easiest option is a smoothie chock full of nutrition. Make it easy and have it prepped the night before so all you have to do is blend!
8. Opt to eat in. Get creative in the kitchen and go for a healthy home cooked meal instead of opting out. Relax and enjoy some red wine:)
9. Dress for success. For those of us who are stay at home moms, or retired, winter may find you hibernating away in your sweat pants with a pony tail or ball cap on! Wear your “good clothes”, add some jewlery, put on some lipstick and look your best even if it is just your family who sees you!
10. And finally, be realistic about your goals and move forward step by step for long term success. How do you eat an elephant I say? One bite at a time.