Here’s a nutrition-packed Kale salad to substitute for your lunch or dinner. It packs great for a meal on the go!
One of the things that we need to address if we want to reduce inflammation and ease achy joints is to up our intake of greens and choose salad fillers that are gluten and dairy free.
So skip the croutons and try this crunchy salad that uses quinoa and chickpeas for its protein. The dressing can be made ahead of time and used throughout the week on any other salad you like too!
- 4 cups kale, divided
- 1 cup cooked beans of your choice (white beans, chickpeas, etc.)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, divided
- 1 cucumber, sliced and divided
- *optional- sprinkle salad with reduced sugar craisons
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp dill
- ½ cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- ½ tsp maple syrup
- 2 dashes salt
- 2 dashes black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic, minced
- Divide salad ingredients into two bowls.
- Add all dressing ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until creamy. You may need to add water to thin. Add it slowly, a tbsp at a time until desired thickness is reached.
- Add dressing to salads and gently toss.
- Serve & enjoy!
- Tip: Extra dressing can be stored in the fridge for a few days
Ps. If you are someone who struggles with losing weight, and need support getting back into shape, check out my 6 Week Shape Up Challenge. It’s limited to a small number of people so I can give everyone the personal coaching they need.
The program is designed to help you lose the bloat, ease your achy, tired joints and teach you how how to eat for long term lasting weight loss.
I’ll be taking people’s names on a wait list for the next round, so be sure to let me know if you’d like to be on the list!