This is a popular snack and filler for the kids lunches. These muffins are super moist and light, gluten & dairy free! They contain chia seeds which are a great source of omega 3 fats, fiber and protein, coconut oil which contains healthy fats essential for brain function and disease prevention, and contain a healthy dose of quality protein from eggs. Enjoy!
Lemon Coconut Chia Muffins
- 1 Cup Organic Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 Cup Organic Coconut Oil (melted)
- 4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Organic Chia Seeds
- Lemon Zest plus juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Pre-Heat Oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift Dry Ingredients (except chia seeds & lemon zest) together in a large bowl.
- Whisk or Blend honey, almond milk, eggs, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Stir wet ingredients into the bowl with dry ingredients.
- Mix in Chia Seeds & Lemon Zest.
- Pour batter into muffin tins (lined or greased). Fill cups 3/4.
- Bake 20-25 Minutes. The top of your muffins should turn golden brown.
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness
Nutritional Stats based on 1 muffin:
Carbohydrates: 20.3 grams
Protein: 5 grams