Here’s a zesty moist chicken recipe to try. Chicken is a main staple in our house, it is such a great source of lean protein. Having some different ways to cook it keeps it a favorite!
Approximate Calories in 1 Chicken Breast:
Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken Breasts
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- dash salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive old
- Preheat oven to 425F. Layer ½ of the lemon slices on the bottom of a baking dish. Sprinkle with ½ of the herbs and ½ of the sliced garlic.
- Place the chicken breasts on top and sprinkle salt & pepper. Place remaining lemon, herbs and garlic on top of the chicken. Drizzle with olive oil. Cover with a lid or foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes until chicken is cooked through. If you want the chicken to be a bit more “roasty” then remove the lid/foil and broil for another few minutes (watching carefully not to burn it).
- Serve & enjoy!
- Tip: You can add a leftover sliced chicken breast to your salad for lunch the next day!
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness