Store bought mayonnaise is one condiment we should do without! Who wants all the added fat these days? I’d rather go for flavor myself! If you’ve never tried a mayo-free-dairy-free version of this popular summer salad, why not give this recipe of mine a try?
- 2 1/2 pounds small red potatoes or peeled potatoes of your preference
- (enough to fill a large salad bowl)
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- optional: 1-2 teaspoons dill (fresh is best)
- Wash, peel if desired and cut up potatoes. Toss them into a pot of boiling water and simmer the potatoes until they are fork tender. Drain well.
- Peel the eggs, and chop.
- Whisk the oil, vinegar, and horseradish together.
- Pour the cooked potatoes into a large bowl. Toss to coat with oil mixture. Add the eggs.
- Taste and season with sea salt and plenty of fresh ground pepper. Add the chopped dill.
- Taste test. Add more olive oil or vinegar, sea salt or herbs.
- Serve warm or cover and chill.
- Remember that chilling the potato salad will lesson its flavor considerably. Taste test after chilling it and add more seasoning if desired.
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness