Here is a brand new breakfast recipe that will get your day off to a GREAT start. Not only is it delicious, but it’s a make-ahead meal that’ll help you sneak in some veggies first thing in the morning.
The US Centers for Disease Control says that only 10% of people get enough veggies in their diet, so making a habit of adding them to your breakfast is a GREAT idea.
So how many veggies do you need? Federal health guidelines recommend women get 2 to 2½ cups of veggies a day while men get 3 cups. (Tip: raw salad greens require double the amount to equal 1 serving, i.e., 2 cups greens = 1 cup cooked.)
Frittatas are good any time of the day but they are AMAZING for breakfast. They’re filled with nutrients to keep you feeling full till noon, and give you a good head start on your protein needs.
I especially love them because basically anything goes when it comes to ingredients! You can experiment with different veggie/spice/salsa combos and they will taste great.
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 3 cups roughly chopped spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup black olives, diced
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place washed and pierced sweet potato in microwave and cook till done (about 5-8 minutes depending on the size). Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix the eggs and non-dairy milk. Set aside.
- Place large oven-safe skillet on the stove and heat on medium, adding olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the diced onion and saute for 3-5 minutes.
- When the sweet potato is done, remove peel, and chop it into bite-size pieces.
- Add the sweet potato, spinach, tomatoes, olives and basil to the onions. Stir to combine and then pour in the egg mixture. Sprinkle in the goat cheese (optional), salt and pepper (about ½ to 1 tsp each) and give a quick stir.
Need some new recipe ideas? Download your 10 FREE Fat Burning Breakfast Recipe Book HERE: