This is a breakfast recipe but it’s great for any time of the day. (Don’t feel liking cooking dinner? Try this recipe instead).
That’s because it not only tastes great but has plenty of protein and fiber in it – which means it’s going to keep you feeling full and satisfied for hours and help prevent those cravings from kicking in!
Leftovers will keep for a couple of days in the fridge, making this a great make-ahead breakfast.
Mexican Breakfast Scramble
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 big handfuls of spinach or kale
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 8 eggs, whisked
- Splash of water (1-2 tsp)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Salsa (optional)
- Sliced avocado (optional)
- In a medium pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. When it’s hot, add the pinto beans, and cook until heated.
- Add the spinach and lime juice, stirring until the greens are beginning to wilt, and add 1-2 dashes of your favorite hot sauce.
- While the beans are cooking, crack the eggs into a bowl and add the water, whisking well. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the greens are wilted, add the eggs to the pan and stir. When they are almost fully done, sprinkle the cheese over the top and continue cooking until the eggs are set.
- Serve with optional salsa and avocado!
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness