A deliciously simple, moist, no bake energy bar made from whole ingredients. These are perfect when you need a pre-workout snack, or for those mid-afternoon slumps. They keep easily for a week in the fridge or you can freeze them so you’ve always got a stash on hand!
No Bake Lemon Energy Bars
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup nuts (almonds or cashews work well)
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- Place the nuts in a food processor and pulse until they are ground up. Add the oatmeal and pulse again.
- Add the dates and process until they are well chopped.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Line an 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper.
- Press the mixture down flat into the pan using a spatula.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
- Cut into 16 bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freeze.
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness