Gluten free, dairy free, & packed with protein. Lightly sweetened with honey they go great with a morning coffee or as a post workout snack! This recipe was inspired from Diana Keuilian, who cooks for the Paleo lifestyle.
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon (more or less depending on your taste)
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup canned pureed pumpkin
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup egg beaters (egg whites)
- 3 TBSP coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup raw honey, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Oil muffin pans.
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut flour, spices, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl or food processor, place the pumpkin puree then add the eggs one at a time, mixing well, followed by the egg beaters.
- Add melted coconut, honey, vanilla, and nuts. Mix until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture, blend briefly until most lumps have disappeared.
- Spoon into prepared muffin pan, filling each muffin 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden. Place on wire rack to cool.
Each muffin contains 15 grams of carbohydrates and 6.6 grams of protein giving them the recommended macro nutrients required to support an active lifestyle.
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness