These tasty bites make a delicious side dish, appetizer, or work well as another post workout snack because of the protein and carbohydrates and super foods they contain.
Quinoa Cheddar Broccoli Bites
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (cooked in chicken or vegetable broth)
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 diced sweet onion
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees then line a baking sheet with parchment paper and coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Add cooked quinoa, chopped broccoli, cheddar cheese and chopped onion to a large mixing bowl then toss until combined.
- Mix in eggs, garlic, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until completely combined.
- Scoop onto prepared baking sheet (covered in parchment paper) using a tablespoon. Or, use a mini muffin pan lightly coated in cooking spray. Compress mixture into the spoon (or scoop) as much as possible, but keep in mind it’s not necessary for the mixture to cook in a spherical shape. The egg and cheese will bind the bites together after they are baked.
- Bake 20–25 minutes or until lightly browned on the outside.
- Remove from oven, let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve warm.
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness
Recipe makes about 36 bites
Serving size: 3 bites
Protein: 8.4 grams
Carbohydrates: 20.4 grams
Fat: 6 grams
Recipe inspired by TIP HERO