Recipe (Probiotic-rich): Fermented Carrots
- 1 L warm water
- 4 tsp salt
- 4 carrots, medium, peeled, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, smashed (optional)
- *add dill, hot peppers, or any other ingredient you like for various flavors
- Make a brine by dissolving the salt in water.
- Place carrots into a clean canning jar, packing them in tight. Make sure to leave about 1 inch of head space at the top.
- Fill the jar with brine, making sure to cover the carrots completely. Weigh the carrots down to make sure they don't float (you can use a "fermenting weight").
- Close the jar and let it sit at room temperature for 1-4 days. The longer it sits, the more the flavor will develop. Feel free to open and taste.
- Serve & enjoy!
- Tip: Use this as a side dish, or even a snack.
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness
Want to know more about gut health and the benefits of probiotics? Click HERE to read my post.