Need something filling and quick for lunch? Try this salad you can make the night before and take on the go. Protein, healthy fats, fiber and carbs make this a superior salad and satisfies your sweet tooth too!
Chicken Salad In A Jar
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup grapes
- 2 boneless, skinless thin-sliced chicken breasts
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more, to taste
For the chicken salad
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste. Add to skillet and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, red onion, celery, almonds and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To put together, divide chicken mixture, spinach, cranberries, apples, pecans and grapes into four wide-mouth canning jars with tight-fitting lids.
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness