This side dish is super quick & easy to make, and scores high in its nutrient value. It is high in vitamin A , C, B 6, magnesium, phosphorus, niacin, and selenium. It is also considered an excellent source of fiber having over 5 grams per serving.
Serve with a 4 oz piece of grilled chicken breast and 1/2 baked sweet potato for a complete meal that equals 521 calories or enjoy on its own for a light lunch!
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 4 cups of chopped kale
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 1 TBSP honey
- Heat olive oil in large frying pan.
- Saute chopped onion and garlic. ( any type of onion will do!)
- Add chopped pepper and any other vegetables of your choice. (I added mushrooms)
- Continue cooking for 3-5 minutes.
- Add chopped kale and cook until kale is soft.
- Stir in cooked quinoa, vinegar, and honey.
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness