Here’s an iodine- thyroid friendly recipe that packs well as a lunch, or you could serve as a side dish with fish.
There are lots of factors that can affect your weight, even if you’re eating the same way you always have. Aging, hormones, stress, and sleep are all interconnected to each other and can all contribute to weight gain, even if you’re eating the same way you always have.
This recipe contains the thyroid loving mineral iodine as well as healthy fats from the avocado.
Keep dressing in a separate container so you can give it a shake before adding it onto the sushi bowl.
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 avocado (thinly sliced)
- ½ cucumber (diced)
- 1 carrot or ½ red pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons dried seaweed (arame, wakame, or crumbled nori sheets)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ garlic clove
- dash salt and pepper
- Split the first seven ingredients into two bowls.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the sushi bowls.
- Serve & Enjoy!
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness