Simple, nutritious and filling. Balanced in macros this salad is perfect for those hot summer nights when you don’t feel like cooking!
Sometimes all you want is a salad.
But you want something savory, filling and healthy too right?
This salad contains a good balance of macros- the black beans providing protein, the olive oil providing the healthy fat, and the peppers and corn providing the carbs. And if you like food with a Mexican flair you are going to love this one!
Bonus– it has 7 grams of your recommended 25 grams per day of fiber! (recommendation for women over 40)
Simple Black Bean Mexican Salad
- 14 oz can of rinsed black beans
- 2 cups of frozen corn
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- bunch of cilantro chopped fine
- juice from a lime
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1-2 tsp of Tabasco (to taste)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Rinse black beans and add to salad bowl.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Mix olive oil, balsamic, lime juice, cumin, minced garlic, cayenne and Tabasco for the dressing and mix into salad.
- Top with cilantro and enjoy!
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness
Protein: 7 grams
Carbs: 30 grams
Fat: 5.5 grams
Fiber: 7 grams