Here’s a simple recipe to use up your leftover fish that will come together in just 15 minutes. I always try to make two meals out of one to save on the time spent in the kitchen. Leftover cooked Cod or halibut makes a delicious and nutritious base for tacos.
This is a super quick and easy gluten-free meal for those busy weeknights. Serve with a side salad and dinner is done.
Spicy Fish Tacos
- 1/2 cup full fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Franks hot sauce or chipolte peppers diced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 16 oz cooked Atlantic cod, or halibut, skinless fillets cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 medium corn tortillas, (6-inch) varieties
- 1/2 cup prepared coleslaw
- Chop leftover fish into 1 inch pieces and warm in skillet with 2 tsp olive oil.
- Sprinkle the fish with the chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir together the Greek yogurt, Franks and or chipotles in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Divide the fish among the tortillas, and top with the Greek yogurt mixture and cabbage.
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness