This is a delicious, hearty gluten free soup to make anytime of the year, but I do love to make it after Thanksgiving, Christmas & Easter to use up my left over turkey.
Spicy Thai Turkey Noodle Soup
- 6 oz packaged rice noodles, or vermicelli
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 medium uncooked scallion(s), green and white parts, divided and chopped
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper(s), seeded and minced
- 1-2 Tbsp ginger root, minced
- 1 pound cooked ground turkey
- 7 cup(s) fat-free beef broth or vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp Tamari (wheat free soy sauce)
- 1/2 cup(s) frozen green peas, baby size
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp hot pepper sauce, or sriracha sauce
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Handful of cremini mushrooms
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Using sharp scissors, cut noodles into 3-inch (7.5 cm) pieces.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add white portion of onions, jalapeño, garlic and ginger and sauté 1 minute.
- Add cooked ground beef and sauté 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add broth and soy sauce and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, partially cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add noodles, peas and mushrooms and simmer until noodles are just tender, 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add green portion of scallions, cilantro and pepper sauce. Serve hot.
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness