This is an easy side dish/ salad that packs the power of superfoods. This dish also contains 2 foods that are known for their detoxifying properties.
- Dark green leafy greens. Leafy greens boost chlorophyll levels in the digestive tract, which helps the body get rid of environmental toxins like smog and herbicides.
- Quinoa. Whole grains are full of nutrients and antioxidants, they’re incredibly high in insoluble fiber, which helps keep you regular. If you’re trying to flush the body of toxins, the last thing you need is to be bloated or constipated.
Try adding this salad into your weekly food prep for a nutritious side dish!
- 2 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 8-10 sundried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Add quinoa and water to a pot and stir. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer and cook, stirring occasionally until the water has absorbed for 12-15 minutes.
- Cut sundried tomatoes in slivers. (I use the ones packed in oil, and drizzle a couple tablespoons of the seasoned oil into the quinoa)
- Stir in sea salt, almonds and spinach.
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness