Meal prep plays a big role in sticking to your nutrition gameplan, and this recipe will help make your life a lot easier AND stay on track with your goals. It’s perfect for bringing to work and you can customize it based on your taste and what veggies you have on hand. Feel free to experiment because you can’t go wrong!
Also – you can amp up the protein quotient on this by adding your choice of protein just before serving.
Try shrimp, chicken, cooked beef, black or pinto beans, or tofu. Store this as-is, without the dressing or protein, otherwise, it could get soggy.
Superfood Meal Prep Salad
- 4 cups/big handfuls shredded cabbage or dark leafy green lettuce
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs
- 2 cups cooked quinoa or brown rice
- 2 bell peppers (your choice of color), chopped
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup beets, chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds or chopped cashews
- OPTIONAL: 2 cups shrimp, shredded cooked chicken, or other protein choice
- ½ cup (130 g) peanut or almond butter
- ¼ cup (60 ml) lower-sodium coconut aminos
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Get 4 reusable glass containers. Place equal amounts of all of the ingredients in the containers, EXCEPT your optional protein choice.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the ingredients and pour equal amounts into ¼-cup containers.
- Store in the fridge until ready to eat.
- To serve, stir ½ cup of your protein choice into the salad, shake the dressing well, and pour it over the top of the salad.
- Mix well and enjoy!
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness