A good homemade Turkey Soup recipe is my go-to after holiday meals!
Tender chunks of leftover turkey, carrots, onions, celery, and sweet potatoes are simmered to make a delicious and satisfying meal.
Leftovers will keep for a few days in the fridge, making this a great make-ahead lunch or dinner.
Turkey & Vegetable Soup
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 3 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Sweet Potato (peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 Carrot (peeled, chopped)
- 2 stalks Celery (chopped)
- 10 1/2 ozs Turkey Breast, Cooked (roughly chopped)
- 6 cups Turkey or Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Parsley (chopped)
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until it begins to soften, about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic, thyme and salt and continue cooking for one minute more.
- Add the sweet potato, carrots, celery and turkey. Stir to combine then add the chicken broth to the pot along with the parsley.
- Bring soup to a gentle boil then reduce the heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Simmer for 40 to 45 minutes or until the vegetables are very tender. Season with additional salt if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness