These easy to make Veggie Turkey Meatballs are a main staple in my house, I always make a big batch and keep them in the freezer for those times I don’t feel like cooking!
Pair them with a salad and you’ve got a quick, healthy meal packed with veggies, and high in protein and flavor!
- 1 zucchini, lightly chopped
- ½ med onion, lightly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ red pepper, lightly chopped
- ½ yam, lightly chopped
- ½ cup carrots, chopped
- 2 lbs. of lean ground turkey
- 1 cup of almond meal/flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. Kosher or Sea Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor, finely chop the zucchini, onion, garlic & pepper.
- Set aside in a large bowl. Next, add the yam and carrots to the food processor, finely chop, and then add to the zucchini mixture.
- Then, combine your veggie mixture with the turkey, almond meal, eggs, salt & pepper. Mix really well, and then form lots of golf-ball size (1”) meatballs.
- Bake meatballs for about 20 minutes or until cooked through & no longer pink in the middle. DELISH!
- ***Makes 8 servings. (3-4 meatballs depending on size – about 5 oz. per serving.) Make sure to keep these frozen for back-up meals!
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness