Here’s a fast and super healthy dinner recipe for you today … that is also DELICIOUS and makes great leftovers!
PLUS: even though it’s easy to whip up during the week, it’s also GREAT for when you have company. In fact, it’s so delicious that even though this recipe makes 2 servings, I usually double or triple it because it doesn’t last long.
One of the things that make this recipe so good for you is that it’s filled with anti-inflammatory healthy fats, both from the salmon and the walnuts.
Try serving this with roasted veggies or the asparagus – so good!
If you have any leftovers, chop up the salmon and add them to a salad for tomorrow’s lunch.
Walnut Crusted Salmon With Asparagus
- 1/4 cup Walnuts (very finely chopped)
- 1 stalk Green Onion (very finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 8 ozs Salmon Fillet
- 2 cups Asparagus (trimmed)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (176ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the walnuts, green onion, salt and Italian seasoning. Add the lemon juice and 1/3 of the oil and stir to mix.
- Rub another 1/3 of the oil over all sides of the salmon fillets and place the salmon on the prepared baking sheet, skin side down. Spoon the walnut mixture on the top side of the fillets and gently press it down with the back of the spoon so the walnut mixture stays in place.
- Toss the asparagus in the remaining oil and season with sea salt to taste. Place the seasoned asparagus in an even layer on the baking sheet with the salmon.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily and asparagus is tender. Divide between plates and enjoy!
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness
For a printable version with all the nutritional stats click HERE.