Nothing beats a bowl of chili when it comes to winter dishes! This chili is hearty and very filling. It is vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free, but meat lovers will enjoy it as well.
I love this vegetarian recipe because it is still packed with protein to keep you energized and feeling full. Try it topped with guacamole, baked croutons or Greek yogurt for extra flavor and crunch.
White Bean Vegetarian Chili
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed and cooked (about 3 cups cooked)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium sweet onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 2- 15 oz cans of tomatoes or 4 cups of chopped tomatoes
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Heat the oil in a dutch oven or large deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots and peppers; cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies are slightly softened, 4-5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and salt,and cook, stirring often for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in the spices and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the beans and stock and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover and reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 18-20 minutes.
- Divide the cooked quinoa between 4 bowls and then top each with 1/4 of the chili.
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness